Wednesday, February 21, 2007

How-to: Reduce Eye Strain at Your Computer

As I was scrolling through a few hundred blog posts, I found a great article suggesting some ways to reduce eye strain from the computer. Of course, as soon as I read the post title, my eyes began to burn furiously, prompting a good, old-fashioned, double-fisted eye rub that had me seeing stars. Okay, maybe I can be a little too psychosomatic. But that doesn't make the suggestions in The Lighting Blog's post--22 Ways to Reduce Eye Strain at Your Computer any less efficacious (I'm into big words, today).

Some of the ideas involve common sense solutions (taking breaks, stretching), or fairly well-known options having to do with ergonomics. However, the author includes some explanation on differences between monitors, lighting possibilities, and how to bring more humidity into your office.

No comments:

Check out our tags in a cloud (from Wordle)!